You can help us create THE POLE OF POSSIBILITY, as inspiration for both you and the world, representing the ability we each have to change ourselves and our world for the better. Our message of ICE: Inner Gold; Connection; Environment can be best experienced through the POP Challenge!! We would love your help to spread the world, so please read on and we’d love to have you involved.
INSPIRE YOURSELF AND THOSE AROUND YOU!
We will plant a flag at the POLE OF POSSIBILITY and we are looking for a minimum of 79 people, families, groups, schools or businesses to get involved and to join us on the flag with inspirational stories.
Creating a challenge and aiming to join us on the POLE OF POSSIBILITY flag will be a fantastic way to inspire yourself and those around you. Set a challenge, stretch your comfort zone, get your friends, family or work team involved.
Please tell us about your POP Challenge / Quest 79 project so that we can spread your inspiration! We inspire each other to be greater. Tag us in @POPChallenge79 on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so that we can share your stories, and our top fundraisers and most popular and inspirational stories will be gifted a place on our flag.
Read on below for some great ideas and to see videos of inspiration about what others, young and old, have been doing!
TOP TRUMPS CARDS!
The most unusual or inspiring projects will be selected to be part of a special TOP TRUMPS card pack that is being created just for the POP Challenge! Surprise your friends and family and see your own POP Challenge come to life in its own TOP TRUMPS card!
INTERESTED TO HELP WITH SOME FUNDRAISING?
If you’d like to you could also help in raising funds for our charity, or if you prefer for a charity close to your own hearts.Through the POP Challenge we are supporting the SPINAL INJURIES ASSOCIATION and aiming for £79,000. If you fancy helping us, then we have created a FUNDRAISING PACK which can be downloaded on the button below. You can either set up your own Just Giving page for the Spinal Injuries Association or charity of your choice, or contact SIA directly and tell them you are doing the Quest 79 POP Challenge.
POP CHALLENGE IDEAS
Here are some stories & ideas to inspire you…these are all ideas created and accomplished by real people like you, who conquered their own Quest 79 challenge! Also see the POP Flag page for list of people and their projects for extra inspiration.
1. Cycle 79 miles or join a local cycle Sportive!
Read here about Mike Darke cycling 79 miles for 79 years
Christine Graham doing her first Sportive event
2. Kids Cycle Event: 7.9km or a team event with 79 laps of a local circuit
See what the Reddiford Schoolchildren did
3. Run your first marathon or half-marathon
Watch this video about Mark Pitcher running his first marathon inspired by 79 people donating blood
4. Team event: Team up to run 79 laps of your local running track or any circuit you like! Or a team triathlon?!
Thirteen year old Will Hall and his school-mates 79 laps of their school running track, and mixed ability kids and adults did individually or collectively 79 laps of their local cycle track.
5. Lose weight!
Get yourself down to a total weight of 79kg, or lose 7.9kg, or 79lbs… whatever fits your target best.
6. Adventure across Scotland on The Great Glen Way… from Fort William to Inverness is 79 miles by foot, bike or water…or a mix! Watch here to be inspired by young Scottish scouts.
7. Climb 79 peaks in 79 weeks?! Big or small, near or far, all at once?!!
Be inspired by 10 year old Rowan who did just this.
If you prefer something a little more sedate…here are some of the projects from the children of Broadford Primary School on the Isle of Skye
8. Read 79 books
9. Take 79 minutes of fresh air a day
10. Walk to school / work for 79 days
11. Make an effort to be nicer to somebody you love at least 79 times
12. Give up something that probably isn’t good for you for 79 days (fizzy drinks, sweets, chocolate, white bread…)
Or perhaps you could use this as an opportunity to test out or launch a social enterprise idea…?!
13. A bake sale…79 cakes or 79 flavours?!
14. An- e-book…79 poems or short stories?
15. Make 79 things that you like to make and sell them?
16. Organise a fun event…a dinner, a coffee morning, a quiz…